Friday, November 11, 2005

A bug's life.

"Its about time you go out and see the world" she said.

My mother's words. And I have my doubts. Most probably she must be getting too old to bring back food. But what choice did I have? Being the eldest, I need to look after my fellow siblings when she is gone.

I guess it was for my own good. At least she is going with me tonight, to show me the ropes. I can't imagine if I were to go alone. Sheesh.

As for my father, haiz, lets not talk about him.

My mother told us that he has left for greener pastures. But according to the gossips I've heard from the ah peks and ah sohs in my neighbourhood, he went hunting for food one day and he never came back. The neighbourhood scout also mentioned he heard the sounds of a tortured male on the day my father left.

Well, it doesn't matter. He doesn't place priority in our family anyway. He is a fucking player! To think that he was able to make out with a number of the females during his days. These females are the very ones my friends labelled lau chio.

I think I am becoming my father in some ways, but not totally. Although I had many girlfriends in the past, they would not even let me make out with them! How did my old man do it? At least my current beau is slightly more responsive. She said that her time was coming and she wants me.

Me! Among all the other males! Although I'm happy, Im not surprised.

Why should I be? Afterall, I do possess some of my father's good looks. *Smirk*

When I told her of my plans to go out hunting tonight, she got worried.

"But we got enough food and water from the nearby food deposit! Can you not go? Please?"

I told her that I needed to try hunting at least once, to see what I am capable of. Its all for a better future for our future family. After much persuasion, she relented.

Who can blame her. Many of her friends and family members were the gungho type. All thrill seekers. Many have gone out hunting for food but few have returned.

The time for the hunt grew closer. I couldn't sleep that day. Normally, I would sleep from 2am to 10pm, and the rest of the time would be spent doing my daily activities.

My mother said that the best time was when the lights are off. No one would be around to disturb us. Being naive, I believed her.

That night, after we passed the customs, the uncle on duty wished us good luck. My mother ignored him. Not wanting to be rude, I said thanks.

"Don't reply him! Very pan tang you know?" My mother hissed at me.

We felt our way to the exit, me following my mother behind. I dare say my mother very garang also. Maybe thats what my father saw in her. Her garang-ness.

Damn, I'm feeling sleepy. I should have at least try to sleep just now instead of worrying. Serves me right. Oh well, too late now.

Wait. Something is wrong. Why is the lights on? I thought there would be no one to disturb us in the darkness? I retreated back to the tunnel.

"Come on son, its safe!" Lights on doesn't mean its dangerous!"

Easy for her to say. All my life I have been either living in the darkness or in dim lights. Now this, is different from what I was expecting.

*Psssssttttt*

"Quick! Go back!", my mother exclaimed while pushing me back into the tunnel.

"Whats that?!" I asked her.

My vision started to blur. I hear strange noises in my head. I can't hear my mother properly. And why am I having difficultly breathing? Fuck.

My head started to spin. I started hallucinating. I saw a light at the end of the tunnel and made my way towards it.

"You are going the wrong way! Come back!"

I didn't hear her. I was soon out of the tunnel, where the light was.

Out in the open, and my mind started to work on overdrive.

Shit. Where am I? I better find a place to hide.

I started running, but my legs feel heavy. I searched for a dark corner but there was none. I started to retrace my steps.

I must get home. My girlfriend was waiting for me. Why the hell did I even agree to follow my mother in the first... woah!!!

I slipped and fell. On my back.

Owwww. That hurt.

I saw a big yellow creature looking at me. Damn, must try to get up!

*Psssssttttt* *Psssssttttt*

I smelled it again. *Cough cough* Damn what is this thing? I'm suffocating!

I grew tired from all that struggling. Maybe I should wait for the effect to wear off before getting up.

I saw the creature holding something else in his hand. Its different from what he was holding just now.

What now?

I heard him say something, but I didn't understand the gibberish what was coming out from him.

"I think I shall end this little bugger's misery"

Even though it sounded gibberish, it sounded dangerous.

Damn. I struggled again.

I felt a shower of hot liquid over my stomach. Pain pain!

But I was too numb to move already.

I thought of my girlfriend before everything faded to black.


* * * * *


Author's note
Yep, I killed the bloody cockroach with insecticide and boiling water. Ended its misery quick. I was lazy to wait for it to die.

Cruel yes but it must be done. Kill without mercy.

The big one escaped though. Damn.

Kudus to Joe Kunkel and his cockroach FAQ. It helped me to understand cockroaches behaviour better to enable me to write this post.

Hows that for a blog post from a cockroach's point of view?

1 Comments:

Blogger LuKe said...

What a post. LOL...I was bewildered.

.LuKe.

12:24 AM, November 12, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home