Thursday, November 03, 2005

My first time...

going clubbing on a Wednesday.

For the 2nd time in my life, I was back at Zouk. Yesterday was my first time in Phuture.

Till now, I still can't figure out why people keep flocking back there.

Zouk is so out of the way.

You queue up so fucking long, and when you finally got in, you still have to squeeze with the masses and get molested just to get to the bar/toilet/dancefloor.

Fun meh?

For the guys maybe lah.

So why did I still go to Zouk in the first place since my all time favourite clubbing music is eurodance?

Many reasons.
  1. Exams are finally over.
  2. I need to destress.
  3. It was Mambo night.
  4. I've never gone to Mambo night before.
  5. I always wanted to go and check out whats Mambo night all about.
  6. Most of my Zouk siao classmates are going. A good opportunity to destress together.

My verdict?

Music wise... its very different. I don't know if it is the DJ's fault or not. Every 1 min, the DJ would change the song. Slow fast slow fast.

Aiyoh, wheres the rhythm?

Initially I was quite stiff but very soon, my body was grooving with the music.

Its amazing what alcohol can do.

The inevitable groping/brushing/molesting also helped to some extent.

I don't know what the trend is like in Zouk, but things got better towards the end, when the dance floor started to become more spacious and there was more room to dance... and breathe!

Amazing, I didn't even break a sweat!

PS: I discovered that my tolerance for alcohol has gone down to ground zero. Gone were the days when I could finish up half a barrel and still be sober. Now, I'm already having difficulty finishing my second glass!

I also found the taste of alcohol revolting nowadays. What is happening to me?!

6 Comments:

Blogger LuKe said...

You burnt your brain by studying too hard :)

1:32 AM, November 04, 2005  
Blogger thelecherousmonk said...

*Gasp*

You discovered my new blog url!

LoL

2:01 AM, November 04, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha, at least u got into Zouk. Saw alot of friends who headed for Momo after:

1) failing to get into Zouk

2) getting in but giving up cos it was tooo packed.

So verdict? Zouk or MU?

*heh*

11:45 AM, November 04, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

u need personal training from an alcoholic..~

-starrfish

12:35 AM, November 05, 2005  
Blogger Mag said...

I'm new here...and I'm like your honesty so far! Keep it up, oh lecherous monk!

2:41 AM, November 05, 2005  
Blogger thelecherousmonk said...

Liz: MU definetely! Eurodance is still my favourite afterall. Call me stubborn, call me resistent to change but I don't care!

starrfish: Are you willing to train me? Haha.

mag: Hello mag! Nice to see another reader in my blog. Have a blog? Email me your url. I'll pop over!

2:39 PM, November 05, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home