Saturday, November 19, 2005

Where have all the bloggers gone to?

Why is everyone comtemplating on closing down their blogs when they have been entertaining readers like me for the past few months?

Why why why?!

I was just reading Miss BlackHighHeels' blog and she has identified that Daphne aka PinkShoeFetish has closed down her blog.

Although I'm an occasional reader of hers, I find her post very interesting and entertaining.

As far as I know, PinkShoeFetish has just changed to her new blog url from her old one somemore. I can see that she spent quite an effort to make her new blog with the customised blogskins and everything and all of a sudden, she close down her blog.

Maybe its because of the Dawn Yang hoo haa. As a result, all the pretty faces in the blogosphere are affected?

Apple Lim aka VeryPoisonousLady is also another chio bu who is thinking of closing her blog.

So is Gabrielle, as mentioned in her blog. Don't know if she is joking or not.

After reading all these, I get reminded of a post which I lau zei-ed from Cowboy Caleb sometime back.

Excerpt:

Blogging is mental masturbation. You can either do it in the privacy of your room (albeit: pen and paper) or you can be kinky and wank off in public, where the thrill of other bloggers discovering your nasty habit is high.

Admit it, you want to be caught. It gives you a sense of exhiliration. You blog because you want the rest of the world to share the experience with you, otherwise you might as well just kill a few trees and start a diary instead.

But when you get caught, you cry bloody murder. Nobody forced you to post those pics. Nobody put a gun to your head and told you to write those words. You did it - all by yourself. You wanted to.

You practically sign away all your rights to privacy when you blog.

Blogging is getting somewhat serious don't you think? Getting too out of hand. Its like a fire you can't extinguish and it keeps spreading.

Thats why I don't like to participate in any blog wars. I just watch from afar like a typical Singaporean. Just being kaypoh can already. I don't want my blog to catch fire if you know what I mean...

I am only one man, I can't please the whole of Singapore, let alone the entire world. I blog for myself most of the time anyway. If the point of blogging is just to please people, blog for what in the first place?

Just to be on the safe side, maybe we should all start to keep our blogs anoynomous...

Don't worry, if ever a day like that comes, I'll inform you faithful readers about it.

Alright, I'm off to get ready. Going to Music Underground tonight.

Toodles!

4 Comments:

Blogger Gabrielle said...

er.. I'm not gonna close it. I'm just saying ya know.

neway, not like I have flamers as the other 3 bloggers do.

yes and u reminded me to check out the christmas lights at orchard after my exams.. haha..

I'm buying Age of Empires 3 after my exams too. haha!!

4:07 PM, November 20, 2005  
Blogger LuKe said...

I wanna try Civi 4 though.
Anyway, how's MU?

.LuKe.

6:30 PM, November 20, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hur hur hur... Pharmer.

7:58 PM, November 20, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh by the way, nice pictures. :D Mr.Kwan approves! *thumbs up*

8:00 PM, November 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home