Monday, February 13, 2006

Lending a helping hand

Was going to Eunos MRT from Tiong Bahru MRT station yesterday.

At Tiong Bahru MRT station, I discovered that there were no escalators going down towards the train platform. The only escalators working were all going up.

So in order to get to the platform, everyone had to walk down the stairs.

So as I was walking down with everybody else, I noticed that everyone was overtaking a macik who was on the left side of the stairs.

Her left hand is used to support herself using the railing and her right hand is carrying a big bag of barang barang. One can obviously see that she was struggling to walk down the flight of steps.

Unlike us able young people who can easily attempt one step per foot, she had to have her both feet on the same step before she attempts the next one.

Everyone was whizzing past her.

So I stopped and offered to carry her bag so that her struggle down the flight of steps would be somewhat easier.

I can see that she was quite stunned when I spoke to her. She took 2 seconds before she came back to reality, afterwhich another 2 seconds after hesitating before accepting my offer.

Either she wasn't used to strangers talking to her or she is wary of me.

Oh come on! I am in a busy train station! If I wanted to rob her, where can I run?!

Oh well, glad to be of some help anyway.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:45 AM, February 14, 2006  
Blogger thelecherousmonk said...

Sandy, you used my name!

I'm sorry but I have to delete your comment...

12:20 PM, February 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kns! first time a comment i made got deleted! u suck man!! ahaha but for helping the old lady, uve redeemed urself. HAHA

4:11 PM, February 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home