Saturday, February 04, 2006

The thing about wedding dinners

Wedding dinners.

Why do married couples even bother to host a wedding dinner?

The couple spends so much on the dinner, has no time to really eat what they ordered because they are busy mingling with their guests.

And at the end of the day, the groom (usually) gets wasted.

Thats for the couple.

Is it worth it?

I asked my friends sitting at the table about that they think and they concluded that it is usually the bride's side of the family who wants to host a wedding dinner.

Is it true?

As for the guests, it is only polite to give a red packet to the couple.

The money in the red packet is (usually) used to pay for the dinner cost.

So it is like paying for your own dinner.

And its more expensive than eating in an international buffet loh!

I don't see the whole point of it actually.

This is what I think after attending my friend's wedding dinner. I can see that he is practically trying to control the mixure of liquor in his system. You should see the amount of martell we poured into the two glasses for him and his wife.

Ooose baby!

They had to gather their "brothers" and "sisters" to help down the liquor sial!

The "sister" who downed almost half a glass (those big wine glasses mind you) of martell neat.

One word.

Fierce.

The only thing I liked about the dinner was the dessert. Mango Sago! I can't remember the full name but I had four servings for that!

Took a cab down to Sandy's place after that.

Wah lau, havoc sial.

2 mahjong tables. 2 different groups.

And the alcohol! Beer! Red Wine! Absolute Vodka!

OVERDOSE!

Very tempting but I had my fair share at the wedding dinner already...

If I try to be Superman I think i'll be spending the night at Sandy's void deck.

I won money during the gambling session by the way.

But overall for this festive season still lose.

Bah!

PS: Was supposed to be a picture taking day but I sent my phone for servicing. Why? Because the camera is spoilt thats why!

I wonder how much will it cost me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home