Tuesday, September 20, 2005

7 times!

So far, 7 people have said that my new haircut was nice. Although I hate the word nice used to describe a person, this is to describe the hair. Thats not a bad thing right?

Boy, I have so much to blog about but now I don't even know where to start!

Lets see...

Economics 40% Test

I thought I was doomed. After doing the 100 sample MCQs, I still catch no ball. How?! Well, this segment is dedicated to Roy, Jessica, and Stellar for their enormous help on Monday. Even though I was there to study with them, it seemed like I was asking them alot of questions instead, so paiseh! Roy the most patient one, repeating his views over and over again. He also taught me the most stuff. Turn me from a zero to a hero! As a result, the test today was a breeze!

Aftermath

It seems that everyone put in alot of effort the night before. And apparently, alot of my lecture mates did not attend the afternoon lecture. I know because I stayed behind in school for lunch with a few others. I did not attend the afternoon lecture as well. I went to Suntec to check out the newly opened Toys 'R' Us.

What? Big grown men cannot check out/buy toys to collect?

My verdict of the place? CMI. Although it is new, spacious and offer a large variety of different toys, it just doesn't have the "oomph". Maybe it is because I'm no longer a kid and that the current toys doesn't appeal to me. Maybe that explains why I always have a sense of nostalgic whenever I enter those hobby shops which sell toys...

If you are wondering, yes, I went to Suntec alone. All my friends were either working or busy with something/someone else. Since I'm alone and have alot of time, I decided to do some exploring. I walked from Suntec, to Marina Square, to CityLink, to Raffles City Shopping Centre, to Peninsular Plaza, each building checking out their hobby shops and their toy collections.

Ok, I did not look at toys, I did ALOT of window shopping and observing as well...


A torch light that needs no batteries to operate! Just turn the handle behind this gadget for 1 min to produce 30 mins of light. Comes with nokia battery charger somemore! Sweet! SGD$32.00 at the DIY shop.

Marina Square after renovation is now a good place for you lady readers to ketuk your boyfriend/spouse! Food haven ah! Everywhere you turn, there a restaurant or coffee joint. To my poor male readers, if your girlfriend wants you to bring her to Marina Square, BEWARE! No horse run ah! If you are rich, just ignore what I just said.

Plenty or working class people in town! Minimal underaged students! I like! Plenty of babes to oogle at and no one to stop me since I;m all alone... Bwhahaha! The bestest one was when I passed by Miso in Marina Square. She is a knockout man! And she was adjusting the dress with the help on the staff. The face... the figure... Wah lau! If my internal energy not strong, I think I'll nose bleed, ear bleed, eye bleed everywhere bleed there and then and lie in a pool of blood.

Discovered alot of new toy shops in Peninsular Plaza and their nearby buildings. I am drowned with so much information and eye candy today! I haven't been this siao on for a long time already. I also don't know how far I walked but my feet definetely hurts! But its fun! And worth it!

In today's entry, The Lecherous Monk shall also talk about health issues. Who says every post is about scantily dressed women and how good they look?

Remember the time when there was a health hazard about the reusing of plastic bottles? Which in turns leads to an increase in demand for plastic water bottles that you see yourself or your friends carrying nowadays. As the demand curve increases, there is not enough supply of the water bottles to go around. By seeing other firms making a supernormal profit, other competitors see it as profit making and start selling water bottles too, which in turns leads to firms earning normal profits in the long run.

Question?
How do you know that the waterbottle which you now own is safe?

Answer
Look under any bottled water you have at home. Do you see a triangle with a number in it? Most mineral water has the number 1 inside the triangle. Which is meant for one use only; if you must keep them longer, it should be or no more than a few days, a week maximum.

According to Stellar's boyfriend, if the number is 5 or above within the triangle, it is considered safe. The lower the number, the easier for the plastic to break down after repeated washing and rinsing and allowing it to leech onto the water that we drink! Eeeks!

All these years I have been reusing mineral bottles somemore! No wonder sometimes I feel like I'm drinking plastic! *Shudder* Its time to get rid of my bottled water and start investing in water bottles that have the number 5 or above.

Question 2
Stellar's boyfriend's words credible anot?

Answer 2
He works as a safety engineer! What do you think?!

P.S
Anyway, In today's solo excursion, I discovered that the sport waterbottles have the number 4 within the triangle only. Some bottles don't even have the triangle at all! I don't know if 4 is a safe number or not because I can't find anything relating about triangles and numbers in Google.com.

No brands will be named. I don't want to be the 4th blogger go to jail because of defamation! If you want to know, go check them out yourself!

To those who already own a 4 and below number water bottle. Will you take the risk?

I know I won't because I kiasee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home