Tuesday, September 13, 2005

I like to colour clash

Just when I thought I put in the effort and tried to prevent it, I did it again.

Colour clash.

I think its my forte or something. Casual wear kena, formal wear also kena. In the end kena tease like nobodies business. Sheesh! And me and her are at loggerheads somemore. (Loggerheads as in the friendly kind lah. I'm known as Mr Ok in school ok? I hardly find trouble one!)

Supposed to go down to the company to interview the Regional Manager but don't know why last minute got some last minute changes to the questions we were about to ask him. Everyone so gan jiong and in the end started doing the questions to ask him again!

Obviously we were late. So pai seh! now we were working under a tight schedule as we only had an hour for the interview as he had a meeting to attend. Because we got his permission to videotape the interview, I thought it would a no nonsense type like those you see in CNN. Apparently, we got alot of "Cut!", "NG!" and "Take 2, action!" because we either phrased the question wrongly or someone within the group member was unknowingly doing funny facial expressions and was captured on video.

Heng he was ok with it ah! He was even patient enough to let us discuss the right way to phrase the question to ask. Its like we came totally unprepared loh! So unprofessional right? If I was working as a journalist, I think I would get fired if I had to interview someone in today's manner.

Apparently, his big boss happen to drop by and boy, I thought we were in trouble, but no! He was even more enthusiastic than the regional manager. Since he was a bigger gun, he was able to tell us more information. The interview was no longer an interview. It became a lecture instead.

As a result, the conference stretched to two hours instead of the intended one hour. The supposed meeting was supposed to be held in the meeting room we were currently occupying somemore.

Sherlyn said that the staff must be quite dulan with us. If the supposed meeting was held at 4.30pm, 5.30pm can go home liao but since we stayed until about 5.30pm, her guess was that they had to OT until the meeting was done. Opps.

PS

Because we had to redo the questions, we needed the notes that the lecturer gave to us.

Problem: None of my group members brought the notes.

Solution: I borrowed Michelle's notes because she wasn't attending lecture and was going home.

Result: After man-handling her notes, the last page came off! Opps. I hope she won't kill me for that...

PPS

To quit smoking, Michelle gave herself the cold turkey treatment. And now shes complaining about suffering from withdrawal symptoms. Heres what I have to say.

Aiyah, since you already choose this path to quit, stop complaining! Do more sports! Chew gum! Sure can see the light at the end of the tunnel one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home