Saturday, September 03, 2005

Destress

Apologies to all my readers, for I have been neglecting this blog of mine as of late.

Apart from surviving with $6.60 per day, I still had to study for not one but two tests! Not to mention that I have projects to do also.

Stress ah!

Today's test was a killer. And to think that Sandy had secret notes never share with me! Hmmph! Heng I went through some of it, if not I think this test sure flunk one.

After a week of intense studying, I just have to give myself a break. I so wanted to go visit Comex because I missed the previous IT show. Heng Roy also wanted to go. A very interesting fella. A modest chap with a sense of humour to boot!

He claims he is a computer idiot, and he wants to go visit Comex to be in the know. Not bad right? Where to find people like him? My other computer idiot friends get turned off whenever I mention the Comex word.

My poor aching feet! We spent about 3 hours just exploring the 3rd floor and 6th floor of Suntec. Other than Comex there was also food fest! Totally unexpected. But a good thing. I had my dinner there.

My main reason was to see what is the current market price for DVD-RWs, and at the same time see whether I can get any cheap headphones. Just to satisfy your curiousity, the current state of my headphones is like this...



All the sponge is all coming apart! I take out and wear also paiseh sial!

As for Roy, he had other purposes other than being in the know. He was checking out the new digicams available, the different laser printers, laptops that were being offered and Norton Anti-virus Software. You should see how he communicates with the staff about the digicams, laser printers. Totally different from how he communicates when enquiring about laptops and the anti-virus software. When he says hes a computer idiot, he really means it!

Anyway, action speaks louder than words. Here are a few pictures at random (my phone low batt lah, cannot take so much) to add some flavour to this post of mine...



I decided to mosiac my lecture mate's face to protect her identity. Apparently, after the test, she was so sian and tired that she decided to squat by the walkway and act like a begger, chanting "Uncle, Auntie, help me by buying tissue paper from me can?" and "Give me a little something to eat please?" in mandrian. It was so funny that I just had to take a picture of her. And the whole time she was harrassing me to send her this photo. Haha.



I got this set of Creative headphones for a dirt cheap price of SGD$16.00! A real steal I tell you!



The crowd at the food fest was not as packed as the one at Comex. Trust me on this one.



Bobosho! Taste like Orr Luak with vegetables with chilli and mayo and wasabi. Shiok sial! Die die must try!



After walking Comex and the food fest for almost 3 hours, we just had to sit down after I bought my bobosho. Dunno why I also followed Roy and bought myself a can of beer for what... But the combination of bobosho and beer is shiok ah!

What are you guys waiting for? Go visit Suntec this weekend! For your info, Comex ends on Sunday! While Toys R Us opens on Sunday. So dissapointing. I wanted to check out the toy store and see if they have any opening store discounts for their toys anot. Guess I will have to go another time...

Sian. Monday still got another test. And project meeting. All in one day! There goes my weekend!

*Sob*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home