Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Good/bad news

Very normal right?

Today, I shall tell a good/sad/good news story instead.

Good news 1

It seems that after the test, I need to pamper myself a little. Its time to change something which I face everyday.

It was love at first sight. And the price of it was too difficult to resist. I just had to get it, even if I have to beg, steal or borrow to get the money.

I bought myself a wall scroll to replace the current old and tattered poster in my room. Talk about an upgrade...


My old room poster


My new room poster



Here is a clearer picture of the wall scroll that I bought, courtesy of dreamwaveprod.com

The more I look at it, the more I like it! At least now my room has a centerpiece. Sweet!

Sad news

Remember my previous post talking about how everything has changed compared to last semester? If you have a bad memory, you can read all about it here. Well, it seems that it is getting worse this time. Luckily it is the last or 2nd last week of lessons before the exam study break, if not I think I'll seriously break down.

To summarise, I have...
  1. no motivation to go to school anymore,
  2. no motivation to do my group project,
  3. no motivation to entertain,
  4. no motivation for anything related to school.

I am usually ok with anything but today's incident really takes the cake. I felt like shit for the entire early afternoon! Why? Because I today I kena fly aeroplane during lunch time thats why! I know some internal conflicts exist lah, if you did not want to sit with them is fine with me! We can always sit alone somewhere else one! But for my own group members to fly aeroplane at the last minute when they promised lunch wasn't a very comforting thing to hear.

As a result, I had to eat my lunch in a hurry because they were all waiting for me, as they had finished theirs earlier. Do you know how paiseh I was? I know they are my lecture mates and they wouldn't mind but I do loh! They were eating as a group and to me, I felt like the "extra" there.

Can I do anything about it?

No.

And I had to wait for Ralphael somemore because he wanted my notes. By the time I was done with lunch, Ralphael was still no where near school. How? I followed the other group to the com lab like a homeless ghost and wasted my time there.

Round two.

They started discussing about their project while I surfed the internet. Do you know how pressurizing that is for me? Knowing that my lecture mates are doing work while my own group mates are either procrastinating about it or can't be bothered about it. I was thinking, if no one was interested in it, why should I be?

Maybe all these pented up frustration led me to raise my voice at a particular person some time back. Guess there is a limit to my tolerence huh?

At that moment, Ralphael reached school and we left for Serangoon soon after as he wanted to see fish. I poured out my thoughts to him about today during the bus journey and I guess he did understand what I was trying to say.

At Serangoon, as it was about to rain. I suggested to him to go to my house after seeing fish to chill and slack first to escape the rain in any. Maybe we can also get some project work done.

Lim Luoqi was also summoned down to my place by Ralphael but apparently, he took his own darn sweet time that when he did finally arrive, it was already quite late. We had already finished discussing liao. 2 men can't get much ideas flowing anyway.

And so we went to Serangoon Central to la kopi.

Good news 2

Initially it was a talk cock sing song session. Very fake. But our kopi session soon became serious. We talked about the issues concerning our group, the group project and I also told him how I really felt when I was pang seh-ed today. Luoqi said he was sorry for all issues and that he will try to show more enthusiasm in the project in the next two weeks. "Next two weeks we are going to Master Blaster" were his exact words, I think. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Being the very forgiving guy, I just let today's matter go. I'm guess I'm not called Mr Ok for nothing. In fact, I really felt better after unloading all these off my chest to both Ralphael and Luoqi.

It also feels like a heavy burden has been lifted off me as I type this blog post to reach out to my other group members who reads my blog.

Details of the conversation between the 3 of us, apart from what I had typed, were all confidential.

What goes on between us on the table remains on the table.

So there.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Forlorn Knight said...

That's sad really. Politics are always bad for the health. Thanks for reading my blog man brother. We should chill bear bear sometime soon! My eyes are all good now and pay day is next week. Oooose baby!

1:07 AM, September 22, 2005  
Blogger /77!cH3//3 said...

hmmz.. life is like a bed of roses.. full of thorns. wahaha..

relac man.. u've not seen other group conflicts thats much worse than yours. hahaha

but anyway, glad u'r ok la. very scary when u so fierce on msn! wahahahah

10:58 AM, September 22, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's good that u guys settled stuff. i realised the awkwardness when they refused lunch but u handled it well though. i didnt think u were affected. anyway here's to growing up! social politics- inevitable. YOU'RE MISTER OK remember? (oh n a great v-comm too)

12:55 PM, September 22, 2005  
Blogger thelecherousmonk said...

To Lil D: Glad to see updates in your blog Brudda. Lets hope things get better on my side soon.

To /77!cH3//3: I like to think that life is like a bed of shit. Dirty and smelly. I don't know about other group conflicts. Why get caught up with other people's problems when I got my own problem to settle right? And what I can't say in other people's faces, I say it online.

To Sandy: I like to take things in my stride, but having supportive friends is always a blessing. Love you guys!

5:19 PM, September 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home