Tuesday, May 31, 2005

I'm Just A Small Timer

I have no idea how I stumbled onto mrbrown's blog and OMG, it has a mountain of entries and other stuff. I haven't really explored the site totally but I see alot of links to many other local bloggers. Apparently, it seems like a cult, with them bloggers being friends and supporting each other and all that. I mean, thats what friends are for right? They support each other.

Which brings me to a conclusion. They are "there". As a matter of fact, "there" is an understatement. Who am I kidding? They have been around way long before me with their own personalised blogs at blogspot or otherwise and here I am using friendster's templates as my own! What can I say, I'm just a small timer. I will need more than luck in order to climb up the blogging ladder. Ha!

"All it takes is one or two of the more popular bloggers to start talking about a certain issue and it will spread to many blogs — whether it's a serious issue or even just something silly."

Sure, the trend may be out there. But what happens if the issue was an idea of another blogger or by some "lucky" chance that a popular blogger and a non-popular blogger starts writing about a similar thing, at the same time. Chances are that the masses will favour the popular blogger over the non. Its a biased and prejudiced world out there. Or maybe worse. Dog eat dog. I'm not saying that my idea was stolen or something. I'm just ranting.

Rule of the thumb I figured for a blogger:

  1. You must be a babe or a dude of character.
  2. You must have a unique style in writing.
  3. You must know what you want to write.
  4. You must know what language do you want to write in. What? You don't know there is a hokkien blog somewhere out there? Where have you been?
  5. You must know your target audience Then again, maybe not. Wendy Cheng wasn't that popular when she just started out right?
  6. If you don't give a damn about the above rules, just treat it like a journal that is open for all to see.

Until the next time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home