Monday, May 30, 2005

Kakis

Read The Sunday Times and under the Youth Section. It talks about a bunch of teenagers dancing to Para Para. That game was sooo long ago. Its amazing that this kind of thing gets featured again. If an old game and its players can get featured in the newspapers, maybe The Straits Times should feature an older game like Daytona USA instead. Yes, I'm jealous!

Ok, enough of sidetracking. In the featured article, those people playing Para Para gets interviewed and one calls his Para friends his "arcade kakis" Does that mean that they only meet up to play arcade and nothing else? Not that it is a bad thing. I do have kakis for different group of activities myself. But usually, my friends are all-rounders. We all can change activity whenever the mood or trend or interests change.

In my honest opinion, this is a bad thing. What happens when ur kaki can't meetup due to some unforeseen commitment? What does that make you? Yes, a loner, somewhat. There is no right or wrong or good or bad to have different friends for different activities.

For your info, I don't have much available kakis in my contact lists nowadays. Sure I have clubbing kakis (weekends only), army kakis (meetups once in approximately every 3 months), close buddies (meet up whenever we have the chance), ex-classmates and other friends (meetups is purely via appointment) and classmates (we see each other everyday during the school term, you get the drift).

My close buddies, well, have already been narrowed down to... "countable with one hand". As for commitment wise, some have girlfriend, work, family, other friends, school etc etc. So we don't really get to see each other much other than special occasions like Chinese New Year or Birthdays. The others... are like me.

After rambling so much, I can already foresee what you readers can going to say at the back of your head. "Get a girlfriend, you ain't getting young any longer". Oh well, getting a girlfriend aint that easy nowadays either. Plenty of factors involved and I shall not even go into that area (until a future time perhaps?) But if you have someone interesting to recommend to me, why not? I like making friends. *grinz*

P.S Oh yea, I just bought the book Asking for Trouble: Tales of Saffy and Amanda. Read abit during the bus ride home and yep, I can say that it is a good buy. Highly recommended reading material! Get your copy today! (I wonder if I can get the author's autograph for my book... hmmm)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home