Sunday, June 05, 2005

I feel like spitting into her food!

Colin, Ken, Wei Wen and I paid Tampines Mall a visit last Saturday. It was another day of neighbourhood exploring. And we haven’t been there in ages. At Tampines MRT station, I couldn’t help but be reminded of something I read at a local website a few years back. What was it?

The Prophecies

So the prophecies were true. Tampines is Orchard Road number 2! Babes galore with a neighbourhood dressing! Plenty of eye candy to ogle at! Oose baby!

The crowd I had to mingle with just to get to the main entrance of Tampines Mall from the MRT Station reminded me of the underpass linking Takashimaya and Wisma Atria. Slow moving, minus the aircon.

You can imagine how we felt when we finally got to the entrance of the mall.

Yes! Aircon! At last! Since we haven’t been to Tampines for quite awhile, we decided to explore the mall floor by floor.

1st Floor

The first floor had an exhibition about SKII products. And sale promotions were going on at the retail outlets. Boring.

2nd Floor

More sale promotions.

3rd Floor

“Eh” Colin asked. “Is it me or is the air-con not strong enough? I’m feeling warm!”

“Ya loh, ya loh! I feel the same also!” We replied in chorus.

“Maybe Tampines Mall isn’t equipped to handle so much traffic flow, with such a crowd, this type of aircon where got enough?!” I added while looking at the human crowd. “And how come come in cannot see any chais liao?”

After looking at more sale promotions from all the different retail outlets at every other floor, we came to the top storey, where the arcade is. Ok, I lied about the neighbourhood exploring. We came to whack some records using the tokens we won during the recent competition. Team Xtreme is in the house!

Dinner Time
“Eh eat what huh?” I asked the rest.

“Something cheap please! I’m going broke!” was Ken's reply.

“Cheap ah? Food Court loh. Any objections?” I turned to ask Colin and Wei Wen.

They shook their heads.

“Eh, you all go find seats first, I need to go pee. Urgent ah!” Ken spoke before fast walking to the gents.

Cunning little bastard. Leaving us to do the dirty work.

The hunt for seats

The food court was packed! To even say packed is an understatement. The dinner time crowd was out in full force. “Eh, we better split up. Call when you find a seat.” I said to the rest before we seperated 3 ways.

While waiting, the makcik of an old malay couple beckon to me. They were about to leave and offered to give me their seats.

“Thank you Auntie!”

I took out my handphone and was about to call the rest when it happened. A man of late 30s or early forties came and put his bag on the opposite chair.

I looked at him.

“Eh mister, I came here first.”

“I waited very long already” he replied before calling out to his wife and daughter to come over.

I was like WTF? I didn’t care. I just looked at him and said, “I also wait very long, and I came first, so can you find another table?”

By then his family had already and were ready to settle on the other side of the table.

“No time. Come sit down, what you want to eat?” He said to me and his family at the same time.

I was bewildered. Do such rude people even exist? Cursing under my breath, I just left and went to another area to look for seats. I was lucky. I got in less than 5 minutes and got the rest to gather.

The dinner conversation revolved around the experience of finding of seats by each of my friends minus Ken.

“I got a table already and some girl came and sat down just like that! Her friends also found a table at another side of the foodcourt but no, she wanted her friends to come over. Auto abit mah! The table got her name or something ah?” Wei Wen recounted his story with us.

Things didn’t look good at Colin’s side either.

“That woman damn chee b** loh! She knew that I was eyeing her table and you know what she did? She started pushing her food around the plate and started eating her rice grain by grain while talking on her phone! I feel like spitting into her food!” he cursed between mouthfuls of his lor mee.

Which brings about another saying. In Singapore, nothing comes cheap or free. Tampines may be Orchard Road 2. But a reputation like that comes with a price. The mall is not cold enough and the people are rude or have an attitude problem.

What is it with Tampines Mall and the people who patronize there? The lack of air-conditioner must have fried their brain cells or something!

Sheesh!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ops.....!! i guess u all were pretty suay.... haha....
i have nv encountered such problems ther b4...haha...
mayb u all should sit there and cry or play tough.....haha

3:05 PM, August 09, 2005  
Blogger thelecherousmonk said...

For my case, I really felt like sitting there and create a scene. See who lose face first. Its a classic. Singaporean style.

3:05 PM, August 09, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home