Thursday, July 14, 2005

My friend from Kahlua

Part 1

This 1st part of the post builds on the previous post about the lecturer from hell. Don't know what I'm talking about? Do a search on the archives.

Apparently, this lecturer has a good memory. He is able to recognise faces, what coloured clothes are you wearing yesterday, what brand of clothes etc etc. He is also able to tell who knows their stuff. My classmate Imran has became a popular target for him since Tuesday. Hes asking for trouble wearing a bright yellow t-shirt with big red words Kahlua on the front. Ever since that day, the lecturer has been calling him "my friend from Kahlua" to answer questions or to emphasise a point. Poor Imran. Sitting next to him, I felt his pain.

And Imran isn't the only target. The lecturer has many friends as well. There is the friend
  • from Adidas,
  • from St George,
  • from Smooth,
  • from Saber Cats,
  • from All Blacks New Zealand,
  • from Timberland,
  • wearing the jean jacket,
  • sitting behind at the back.

His answer-my-question-or-be-marked-by-me attitude surely got everyone shaken up. Among my close classmates of 8 people, 5 people bailed out and never came back since.

  1. Elizabeth, absent since Tuesday.
  2. Sandy, absent since Wednesday.
  3. Sherlyn, absent since Wednesday.
  4. Ralphael, came to school on Wednesday, but did not attend the lecture. Absent today.
  5. Siva, came to school on Wednesday & today, but did not attend the lecture.

Among my close knit classmates, the only brave souls were me and Imran, the people from All Blacks and Kahlua. I wonder how much more of his lecturing will I be able to take if this goes on for the rest of the semester. Thankfully, today was his last lecture with us and he has to be back at Melbourne next week. A new module will be taught next week and hopefully, a less stressful lecturer will be lecturing.

Part 2

A friend of mine whom I havent seen lately asked me out for dinner and a chillin session with a few others at 5pm Toa Payoh today. Since I finished school and lunch by about 2.45pm, I was contemplating whether to go home or to head straight to Toa Payoh from school. If I go home, I will reach home about 4pm, if I go Toa Payoh, I will reach there about 3.30pm. I decided to go to Toa Payoh since my friend opend a shop there and I can keep him company while waiting.

3.45pm, an sms from him

Him: Make it at 615. wil tk mi sum time to get hm

Me: Why must go hm? Come Straight lah.

Him: In uniform la

Me: Bah.

Him: Bah bah black sheep la

Ok, since I am already at Toa Payoh at my friend's shop, I can wait another additional 1 hour 15 min. No biggie!

6.02pm, another sms from him

Him: Hey, tink i got to cancel.. is ken going? damn tired.. tink i need to rest at hm todae

Me: No news from the rest. I'm all alone.

Him: Hmm.. i juz reach hm onli.. damn shag.. tml ok? pai seh man..

Me: Best loh, put my aeroplane.

Him: Wah like i wan to.. got hq ma

Author's note: hq is the initials for my friend who open a shop in Toa Payoh.

Me: He meeting his gf after tat leh.

Him: I really damn tired la.. pai seh

Kena put aeroplane by the organiser himself. Ah, fuck it. I told hq about the matter and went to took the bus home. If I have known, I should have just went home first and come to Toa Payoh late! A waste of my time sial! The bus home was fucking slow and crowded and I had to stand the entire journey home somemore! Hmmph!

I'm writing this the moment I reached home. I'm tired, hungry and pek chek.

Dinner time.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Machiam girl like tat.. man wif goatie alreadi still wana act like tat.. haiz.. d rest put more aeroplane everytime rite? narrow..

5:08 PM, July 15, 2005  
Blogger thelecherousmonk said...

I guess I have to choose any future friends more carefully in future then.

7:26 PM, July 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home