Sunday, June 26, 2005

How true(?)

I was doing my not-so-daily reading of other people's blogs and when I saw this post, I just had to lau zei it.

Excerpt:

Blogging is mental masturbation. You can either do it in the privacy of your room (albeit: pen and paper) or you can be kinky and wank off in public, where the thrill of other bloggers discovering your nasty habit is high.

Admit it, you want to be caught. It gives you a sense of exhiliration. You blog because you want the rest of the world to share the experience with you, otherwise you might as well just kill a few trees and start a diary instead.

But when you get caught, you cry bloody murder. Nobody forced you to post those pics. Nobody put a gun to your head and told you to write those words. You did it - all by yourself. You wanted to.

You practically sign away all your rights to privacy when you blog.

Read all about it here at Cowboy Caleb's blog.

And so I wonder to myself, how true is that?

First there was a big hoo haa over the Sarong Party Girl's tits on the web, then Malaysian blogger minishorts got flamed at by some parent because of her interesting stories after her publicity in the nation's newspaper. I wonder what's next?

Sure, I started blogging because I wanted to share any experiences with my friends. Reading my friend's blogs is also a form of keeping in touch with them in my opinion.

So long never meet up? Wonder how is he/she doing? Read their blog loh. That way, you somehow know what they are doing without even asking them about it, if you find that the technology of sms-ing or msn is taking up too much of an effort on your part.

Scenario using MSN or SMS

Me: Hi Friend! So long never keep in touch liao. How are you?

Friend: Ok loh, still the same. Working at somewhere now. You?

Me: Studying loh. Getting that degree to fulfil my mother's dream.

*Silence*

Admit it, I'm sure this kind of talk-awhile-then-silence conversations always happens. So as not to waste your time and your friend, just leave a comment in his/her blog loh!

The person who came up with blogging is one smart person.

The second reason I blog is because the blog serves as an outlet for frustrations bottled inside me. Everyone is saying that keeping to yourself is a bad thing etc etc.

Sure, someday if I do get caught, I only have myself to blame.

So what do you have to say about you and your blog?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home