Sunday, December 11, 2005

The famous crossroad, Russians and bikinis.

One thing I like about my current job is that I get to start late.

Which few jobs out there in the market lets you start work at 4pm in the afternoon?!

But when I start late, I end late.

There was one day when I worked until 2.30am in the morning, after clearing the stuff. My boss and I decided to have supper, at Geylang.

Did I ever tell you that my boss has amazing parking capabilities? Driving school taught us how to parallel parking by entering the lot buttock first right? My boss always enters the lot head first sial. And in such a heavy traffic place like Geylang, he can park sui sui bo chao chui somemore.

So he was asking me what I wanted to eat, I told him that I don't know Geylang's food that well and I'm ok with anything.

We settled for a coffeeshop and he had mee kia soup while I ordered chao kway teow and sat by the road to oogle at the good, the bad and the ugly.

And then I saw it. Flat sial...

You know the coffeeshop is earning big bucks when you spot a 42 inch plasma screen hanging in the coffeeshop.

What were you guys actually thinking?

Of course, I saw other interesting things too.

Tongkat Ali Ginseng Coffee. $1.80

I think you can only find this kind of self made potent concoctions in Geylang.

Cheaper than drinking stout with egg!

When we were done eating, he asked me what I know about Geylang other than the prostitutes?

"Erm... the famous crossroad where the women and men like to gather. I forgot which Lorong liao."

"Oh the crossroads ah..."

As we got up to leave, I thought we were going home liao but no... he said lets go sightseeing.

Wah lau!

And he brought me to the famous crossroads. He really knows what I'm talking about!

My boss is like a tour guide! He really knows his way around the area. Well, I guess thats what happens when his office is located there.

Heck we were even stopped by a pimp! Now I know upstairs also have...

After about 30 minutes of sight-seeing, we went back to his vehicle. I thought it was over but no...

He drove to another Lorong and showed me prostitues trying to attract clients by dressing in bikinis! Sheesh!

"You want sex, massage or makan in Geylang I can bring you around!"

I commented that he can be a tour guide specializing in Geylang and he said these people are called 大炮船.

I've forgotten if its called that or not as it was a few days ago incident.

Anyway, he was saying that these are the people you should look for if the sole purpose of visiting another country is to visit their red light district. If China has it, he believes that Singapore also have, but have to find.

Reached home at 3.45am that night. Started work the next day at 4pm again. Haha.

Mixing business with pleasure. Not in that pleasurable way but you get my idea...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home