Sunday, January 29, 2006

Happy Lunar New Year!

The time for reunion dinners, bak gua, pineapple tarts and red packets is here!

Just came back from visiting. My father's side is over. Going over to my mother's side later.

Its amazing how we can meet up with them only once a year, maybe twice if theres any special occasion, and still smile and greet everybody like we are old friends.

Come on loh. For one, I don't even know how some of the familes I've visited are related to my parents. I did not ask them when I was young, I don't think I will ask them now.

All I know is that I've been going to their place since I can remember and its becoming a... habit, or routine so to speak.

And during the visit, what can I talk about? The usual what-are-you-doing-now or do-you-have-a-girlfriend thing. And if all is quiet, we just watch the television.

Its becoming more of a chore! I don't know how long can I keep this up.

Ok, going to get some shut eye. More visiting later.

Happy New Year everybody!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahah..i had a gambling good time! got lots of relatives, so it'll be bai-nian season till 7th -10th of CNY! Gong xi gong xi! shen ti jian kang, shi shi ru yi~! :)

1:32 AM, January 30, 2006  
Blogger thelecherousmonk said...

Happy New Year to you too!

Judging from the way this comment was written, I reckon the gambling brought in big money for you eh~

1:40 PM, January 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!!

kawa

12:44 AM, January 31, 2006  
Blogger The Forlorn Knight said...

Have a good year ahead brudda! My eye's much better I suppose. Let's hook up with Mister Kwan once my eye is all healed up!

6:22 PM, January 31, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah yeah! Darren aka Scripy is asking us out for Marina South steamboat buffet!

12:41 AM, February 02, 2006  
Blogger thelecherousmonk said...

Sweet!

3:26 PM, February 02, 2006  
Blogger The Forlorn Knight said...

Is the steamboat thing tonight? Dang sorry I can't come...Doc's strict orders to stay put at home till sat. Give em eyes some rest!

6:45 PM, February 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home