Sunday, January 22, 2006

Blood donation

I realised that this is my third post in a day!

What to do... so many things to say but cannot squeeze all into one post because they are non related in any way.

I've read the papers and blogs lately that Singapore has a shortfall of blood and appeals for donours.

I have the blood type of AB negative.

Now as far as I know, having a blood type of AB positive is already rare but to have the blood type of AB negative is *GASP*

Yes, I'm special I know. Why do you think I keep telling you guys that I'm a unique individual?

Donating blood is good. My father donates his everytime. I feel that its alot better than donating money to some organisations where you don't get to see how the money is being used to help the patients.

So I also won't get to see how my blood is being used to save lives but whats the worst that can happen? Vampires raid the blood bank and drink my rare blood?

The only vampires who have tasted my rare blood are mosquitos loh!

The last time I went with a friend to go donate was during my Polytechnic days.

They claimed that I was under weight and was unable to donate loh! In the end my friend went ahead without me.

I so want to donate blood but I'm scared! Never donate before!

The phobia! The trauma! The anxiety!

Who wants to go with me?!

3 Comments:

Blogger R2D2 said...

I thought of donating blood, but then I remembered that would be helping my fellow human beings.

11:50 PM, January 22, 2006  
Blogger Gabrielle said...

i tot abt it.. but i'm simply afraid of needles... esp those for blood are sooo thick..

cant get past my fear, cant donate.

12:52 PM, January 23, 2006  
Blogger thelecherousmonk said...

I believe in one word.

Karma.

Somemore my blood type is rare somemore!

6:24 PM, January 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home