Monday, January 23, 2006

The Red Tide

No, I'm not talking about menses.

I'm talking about blood donating.

Even though both has blood flow out of the body, blood donation can be used to save lives.

Blood flow due to menses can't.

And now for my story.

I went to the Health Science Authority after school today.

Better to donate now before I procrastinate and not donate at all.

I was a nervous wreck. My heart was pumping like mad as I got closer to my destination.


Just outside HSA. The bloodbank is just inside.

I filled up the form and awaited my turn for the blood test. If I failed the test I won't have to donate!

But I passed lah, sad to say.

They even gave me this!


Be nice to me, This is my first donation!

Wah lau, I see this sticker I lagi scared!

So they are only nice to first timers? Then how do they treat those repeated donours?

Force the syringe into their veins ah?

The moment of truth has arrived. I was to turn off my handphone because the signal may interfere with the equipment.

Wah lau, the syringe is fucking big loh! Just feeling the needle enter my vein just makes me cringe.

But have to endure! Alot of people in the room. Cannot lose face!

Its not so bad as I thought it would be lah. Just seeing the red blood flowing into the packet is very interesting actually. Very soon I was good and ready to go!


As a thank you gesture, they gave me a hot drink, a sandwich, a stress ball and some iron pills.

Went to Chinatown to jalan jalan after that.

Walked past a dessert stall and was reminded of Gabrielle and her White Fungus recommendation.


Thats my White Fungus without the Red Dates.

I should have ordered the hot one. The cold one is not sweet enough!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Donating blood is good.
Do remember to do so in 3 months times.
Thank you for saving lives.

7:58 PM, January 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home