Thursday, June 09, 2005

Toilet designers very smart huh?

The day was Thursday. I finally met up with 2 of my homies Mr Kwan and Brudder Kael after don't know how long. We met at 1630 hrs at Bishan MRT Control Station, a place I haven't been to for also don't know how long.

Salutations were exchanged and it felt just like the good old times. Everyone was still the same as ever. That weird sense of humour and the razor sharp wit we used to exchanged with each other. We explored Junction 8 for awhile but nothing caught our eye. So, we proceeded to the purpose of the meet up: dinner and some catching up.

We settled for a coffeeshop because

  1. It was cheaper for the all of us. (Reminds me of the past budget outings we used to have)
  2. Erm... Theres no reason 2, I think.


Over dinner, we caught up with what everyone was up to. Mr Kwan had recently joined a gym and is turning gay is in the police force while Brudder Kael was in the process of watching his BMI by cycling every night and working part time at Starbucks. Me? Read the rest of my blog lah. You will know what I'm up to.

Their love life? Some flings here and there but the ultimate result, they are all still single eligible bachelors just like me!

We talked about blogs too and Mr Kwan said that I was stalking him as I read his blog every now and then. Bah! I was just trying to keep in touch about whats going on in his life and this was the reply I get. Thanks hor Mr Kwan? Anyway, we didn't hang around long because Mr Kwan had to go to pump some iron at his $500 plus membership gym. Fitness First leh! Mai siao siao!

As such, we made a move to the MRT station. But first things first. The need to unload water in our system. Junction 8 we went.

The washroom was confusing. Gone were the days of just a simple picture and the words of Male and Female. Instead, the picture was now an oversized colourful face of a male and a female respectively. If not for the words at the bottom of the picture, I won't be surprised if we accidentally entered the wrong one.

What caught my eye was the pictures on the cubicle doors.

"Wah! Nowadays the toilet designers very smart huh? Got pictures like these?" I told Mr Kwan.

Gone were the days when you need a squatting cubicle and you had to push open every unlocked door to check if you were lucky to pick the type of cubicle you wanted. Now, all you need to do is just look at these signs on the door.



and



Of so many public toilets I had visited during my 23 years on earth, this is the first time I see something so ingenious. Every public toilet in the world should put up these signs I tell you. And they said writing anything about the washroom would only consist of shit, urine or the cleaniness of the place. I have just proved all you readers wrong! Bwhahaha!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, it's $138. Not $500. I'm not THAT rich nor is my gym membership THAT exclusive. And I'd like to remind you again that please... No recording devices in restrooms.

3:07 PM, August 09, 2005  
Blogger thelecherousmonk said...

I don't know about you it seems that taking pictures in the restroom is becoming a trend.

3:08 PM, August 09, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea it's turning fine till the law strictly forbids it.

.LuKe.

3:08 PM, August 09, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm..... toilets r on the best place to take photos mah....coz ther r less ppl ard...
imagine taking photos on the street..evryone will be staring at u thinking tat this person is either crazy or self-centred...haha

3:14 PM, August 09, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home