Saturday, June 11, 2005

You work at MacDonald's?

No names will be mentioned in this post to protect the embarrassed innocent. (as usual) The place of incident will not be mentioned as well. I'm just protecting my friend (and myself) you know...

It started out when we met at "a place in Orchard" to waste the Saturday away. My friend came late due to some family commitments. When he finally did, ee came strolling ala those "big brother big" in those Hong Kong movies. Wearing a checkered shirt and a cigarette his hand. Wah. Damn cool man. After exchanging hellos with the rest of the gang, we went to "a building" to chill and hangout.

Everyone must have wandered off in separate directions in the building and when I wanted to ask my friend to join me in a particular activity, I had to practically hunt him down. The place ain't big so there wasn't a need to waste a phone call on him. I spotted the checkered shirt guy from behind and called him. To my astonishment, it wasn't my friend. It was merely a lookalike. The shirt and hair and "seh" and all. At closer inspection, the checkered shirt was almost similar in design but different in colour. The best part? The shirt had a logo of MacDonald's on it.

At that moment, I spotted my friend and called out to him.

"Eh, you work in MacDonald's ah?" Trying to contain my laughter.

"No, why?"

I pointed at the guy in the similar checkered shirt. My friend looked him, then at himself, then me. Seeing that I was already laughing my heart out, he couldn't take it and started laughing as well. At that moment, I wasn't sure if it was a sarcastic laugh or what...

At that moment, I wanted to whip out my mobile phone to snap a picture of him and the MacDonald's guy but he stopped me. From his expression, I realised that he was pissed. Eeeks!

If I wanted to blog about it, which I am doing it now, I will have to do it the safe way. Therefore, no real pictures and concrete information for you readers today...

The moral of the story? Don't buy checkered shirts. Stick to plain ones or those with elaborated or unique patterns. They can never go wrong. Ever!

Unless you have a bad dress sense of course.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

u very full of nonsense leh.. but very entertaining.

3:13 PM, August 09, 2005  
Blogger thelecherousmonk said...

Well well well, what do you know, its Melissa in the house! Nice to see my readership increasing, slowly. But its better than nothing.

3:13 PM, August 09, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home