Friday, November 25, 2005

Decisions decisions!

Remember my last interview? The one I said where I felt that something good will come out of it?

Well, the good news was that they called me today.

Yippee!!

Maybe the interviewer physco-ed her boss to hire me among all the other applicants because I had a fun time chatting away with her?

The bad news? I was to report to work tomorrow.

Hello? I stated clearly on my application form that I am only available from the 28th November 2005 onwards in bold, caps and underline! Which part of it did they not understand?

Arggh, decisions decisions.

I swear my mind was on overdrive at that point of time. I had to make a decision while conversing with her on the phone.

On one hand, I'm jobless and need something to do besides bumming away at home.

On the other hand, I have 2 groups of friends to celebrate my birthday with over the entire weekend.

I chose the latter.

I planned this dinner a month ago loh. Many of those confirmed have already set aside the specified date specially for me already. To cancel it would seem very inappropriate.

To me, friends are more important (hint hint) while a part time job is just... temporary.

But I did ask the interviewer to see if she can negotiate with her boss for me or not because... I also wanted the job.

Oh well, too late to do anything now.

I don't think they will ever call me back. If they do, it will really be a miracle.

Lets hope this weekend will be an enjoyable and memorable one.

4 Comments:

Blogger /77!cH3//3 said...

wooo hooo!! ^_< looking forward to sunday!

9:44 PM, November 25, 2005  
Blogger R2D2 said...

True, true. One of the worst things anyone can do in their life is not keep their words.

But I wonder what job it was to make a person work on a saturday evening.

2:26 AM, November 26, 2005  
Blogger thelecherousmonk said...

Its those event companies. Where you know lah... the thing can stretch until dunno what time...

Skeali stretch into the appointed dinner time how?

12:24 PM, November 26, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwww im so touched!!!

3:16 PM, November 26, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home