Thursday, December 22, 2005

Being SDU - Comparing

"If given the choice, will you remain single?" I asked my friend while taking a smoking break together.

"Given the choice, of course not lah!"

"So whats stopping you?"

"Money"

He further elaborated. "People my age already have a career and a car. Their partners are also working. No financial problems. If I get a girlfriend now, I will have more than just financial problems."

"What kind of problems?"

"You know girls lah, they like to compare with their other girl friends this compare that, its inevitable that the boyfriends get compared also."

"So?"

"Look at me, 25 years of age. Still studying. What do I have? Nothing loh!"

He stopped to take a puff from his cigarette.

"And if I have a girlfriend, all she will do is nag nag nag. Why can't you be like so and so's boyfriend? Hes driving this car or earning more than you blah blah blah" he said waving his hands as a form of expression.

He paused for another puff.

"It's a form of peer pressure on their part. They don't want to lose out. They want face. If I can't provide for them, what for get attached in the first place?"

As an ending note, he stubbed out his cigarette.

All this coming from a guy who got a "dear" just 2 weeks later.

And he claims that he is still single!

It was consensous on both parties. No peer pressure on her part, while each party filling up the gap in each other's life without any committments.

Filling up the emotional needs. (And maybe physical too)

Lonely? Maybe.

Desperate? I don't know.

In my terms, I call this as having a FB.

Fuck buddy.

But I feel that one day, the girl will want more out of the relationship. All the troubles may start again and I seriously hope that he is ready for it.

From what I've observed, women are unpredictable. They are all sweet and friendly one second and they turn cold and look like they are ready to bite your head off the next.

Every once in awhile, I meet up with my childhood friends and I usually see them turning up with their girlfriend. If they come alone, they will start talking about their long term plans in the conversations.

This sucks really. Thats peer pressure on my part.

Find a girlfriend for myself? No thanks.

Until I am ready to get either bitten or compared, or both, I don't think I'll get a girlfriend just yet.

Not even a FB for that matter.

4 Comments:

Blogger LuKe said...

LOL FB.

FB too much later STD sia...so must not have too many FB...

FB also not good la..not ethical..later got retribution...

.LuKe.

12:32 AM, December 23, 2005  
Blogger R2D2 said...

Looks like your friend is thinking like me. Money comes first. That's what I have concluded. No girlfriends for now. Hopefully that will continue till I find my own success.

1:05 AM, December 23, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FB sounds so degrading. how bout FWB? Friends With Benefits? sounds better. FWB FWB FWB!

3:16 AM, December 23, 2005  
Blogger thelecherousmonk said...

Luke: Theres always a product called the condom.

SB: Money makes the world go round thats for sure.

Sandy: FWB? But not all friends comes with THOSE kind of benefits leh!

6:54 AM, December 23, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home