Monday, December 19, 2005

Its no longer just a part time job

After working for two weeks, I got to see what this industry is all about.

To sum it up, there are 3 stages.

1. Setup 2. Manning of equipment and 3. Interacting with the people.

This job really helped me to decide which aspect of this industry I was really interesting in.

My seniors (my boss' friends who were also in this industry) said that I had the potential to reach stage 3.

With my level of experience, I think it will really take a really long while. I'm not the sort who likes to be a host/emcee.

The only fun part over the weekend was that my boss asked me to be the KJ at one of the locations.

Ok, so I know how to operate the karaoke console after helping out abit when the occasion aries but to ask me to go solo is like throwing a non-swimmer to the deep part of the pool loh!

But it was not that bad.

They wanted karaoke, I gave them karaoke.

They wanted music, I gave them music, also from the karaoke collection.

That day was also quite an unforgettable night for me. You see, when there were no more karaoke request, I just played those singable songs at random. (Mostly mandrain)

Soon, not many were singing and I started to play danceable karaoke music. At least if no one wanted to sing, I can on the analog and people can dance if they want to.

But it was towards the end when I started to play retro/contemparary songs all the way. People started getting up to dance instead of singing! For the last song, I played "Oh Carol!" and crowd went mad!

It gave me that kind of high which DJs all talk about: getting people dancing to your music.

"Oh Carol" kept replaying in my head until I finished work. It helped me to take my mind off the packup/loading/unloading of the equipment to/from the vehicle. I was so hyper that even my boss asked whats wrong with me. Haha.

Somehow, I feel that this is no longer just a part time job.

It's an internship.

PS: Oh yea, I had someone helping me while I was KJ-ing that night. It was totally unexpected. If not for her, I think I'll be very very busy! You know who you are...

Thank you!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's my pLeasure to help läh...i did have a g8 time chilLing out at é DJ consoLe + é freaking smooth beer, häahäa (",)

12:00 AM, December 24, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home