Saturday, June 18, 2005

Where art thou?

Insert: Uniquely Singapore Series Part #1

Where is the fucking cab whenever you need one? And it always happens!

You don't need a cab, the vehicles in

  • blue,
  • yellow,
  • green,
  • red or
  • white just parks in front of you hoping you will hop on.
When you need a cab, these vehicles are

  • no where to be seen,
  • busy,
  • on call,
  • snatched away by others standing further ahead of you or
  • they just whiz past you with no passengers in their backseat.

You wait for a good half an hour or eternity before God takes pity on you and sends a cab to your location, only to find that

  • the driver is not on the way,
  • he is changing shift and is also not on the way or
  • he hears your destination and rejects you as his passenger.

WTF? Hello? We are trying to contribute to your rice bowl leh! Come out of your hiding places when there is a need/hide your sorry ass and vehicles when there isnt already!

I like to think of it as a very Singapore trademark. Uniquely Singapore indeed! The last time I went overseas, taxis were all over the place and like some blockbuster movie, a cab will always be there when you need one, even if you are not standing in a taxi stand.

I don't see this happening in Singapore anytime soon.

------------------------

The need to catergorise my posts will make posting much easier when I write in the near future. No concrete details at the moment as I'm still working on it.

Come to think of it, I think liquidblade blogs suits my every need after looking at all the different types of blogs.

Lets hope Blogspot and my friends proves me wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home