Thursday, August 18, 2005

Top 10 signs of being broke...

10. You start clubbing less, not because you got no kaki.

09. You start staying at home more often than you go out, not because you have no friends to go out with.

08. Even if you do, you start rejecting them whenever they ask you out.

07. You cook instant noodles or eat bread for meals instead of walking down to the coffeeshop to "ta bao".

06. If you have to really eat out, you order $2 nasi lemak more often than $5+ western food.

05. You stop buying drinks and start drinking more from your own water bottle, refillable at any tap.

04. You start using vouchers to purchase items and paying the remaining balance.

03. You start to "tan jia" from strangers at snooker salons by playing money/loser punch.

02. You walk 3 bustops just to take the bus you want instead of changing bus.

01. You decide to sit in a non-aircon bus just to save the extra cents that you need to pay for an aircon one.

There you have it, the top 10 signs of being broke. And these are the things I find myself doing subconsiously lately. Yes, I am currently in a slight financial crisis. I have no idea why I spent a bulk of my allowance in the 1st 2 weeks of the month. Now. I only have enough dough for meals and transport to last me until next month.

To all my friends who read this blog: I sincerely apologise if I have rejected your offer to go clubbing, KTV or to catch a movie etc. I am neither a wet blanket nor a spoil sport. I am just broke. Simple as that.

I have this philosophy. If you have no money, don't go out.

I also don't have the habit of borrowing money. If I borrow, it is my style to return the money ASAP, as in a few days time, which I am not capable of doing at this point of time.

Thank you for your understanding.

Just how broke am I?

I did my calculations, and I am only allowed to spend $6.60 per day if I want to make it through the month.

How pathetic is that?!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

$6.60 isn't THAT bad. If i divide my remaining allowance with the no. of days left in August, i probably have less than a $1/day.

ARRGH!Bleah!

Worst is that i don't even know where all my money gone to. =S


-liz-

1:30 PM, August 18, 2005  
Blogger thelecherousmonk said...

Misery loves company. Well, at least we can always stay at home and study for our upcoming tests...

Anyway, you know you can leave your comment as Other and type in your name. Like that you no need to sign off at the last part.

3:10 PM, August 18, 2005  
Blogger thelecherousmonk said...

Recession coming? I'm already in one. Bleahz.

Nice to see you here lexus.

12:48 AM, August 21, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home