Saturday, November 26, 2005

Hotdog is not a dog right?

Birthday celebration with group 1.

7 people. Only 4 turned up. No matter. It was still fun.

KTV marathon for 5 hours. Woo hooo! I've never sang so much mandarin songs for so long in my life. The last KTV marathon I attended was 6 hours, but I didn't sing much then because I can't quite read those 繁体字.

After alot more training sessions, I can agar agar read already, if not its pure memorising; where I know what sound should come out of my mouth during which part of the song.

Today I was made to sing and sing and sing.

Even my friend said I've improved dramatically over the years.

Sure anot? I still felt that I was killing chickens.

Dinner time was the best. More chit-chatting going on unlike during KTV where everyone practically watches the screen.

Dinner consisted of fried fish, vegetables, fried you char kway, pork meat and tian ji.

As we were finishing up, they offered me the last tian ji.

"Eh cannot lah, I'm full already. Besides I don't like chicken."

Everyone at the table stared at me.

"Eh, this is frog legs leh. What chicken?" my friend asked.

"Tian Ji not sweet chicken meh?"

Then it dawned on me that Tian Ji = Frog's Legs and not Sweet Chicken as I initially thought.

This sentence of the day brought so much laughter on the dinner table, at my expense. Then my friend shoot me this sentence where I cannot fight back one.

"Hotdog is not a dog right?"

Looks like all the KTV damaged my brain a little.

Aiyah, I usually do a direct translation of everything chinese, even during conversations. Ask Luoqi. He will know what I'm talking about. Right Luoqi?

Anyway, we had no plans after dinner. We decided to head over to AMK to take a walk at the pasar malam before we went our seperate ways.

I bought two t-shirts for $15.

Cheap!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

u are darn right dan.ur chinese sucks.:> but u are mr ok.a nice chap la.and good things happen to good people.all the best for the new year bud.sorry tat i can't attend yr bdae.

3:58 AM, November 27, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

luoqi here by the way.cheers.

4:01 AM, November 27, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home